The Boroughs Family

The Boroughs Family

Saturday, June 6, 2009

The 10 day post

This was written by a couple on the Reece's Rainbow group, and they posted it 10 days before meeting their precious sons. It has become sort of a tradition for others to also post this poem before leaving to bring home their little ones.


10 days away...

and I'm wondering...

I wonder...when it was 10 days before I met God and He adopted me, was HE this excited?

I wonder if His stomach did flips and He got tears in His eyes when He thought about holding me for the first time.

I wonder if His heart ached when He thought about my life without Him as my Daddy.

I wonder if it grieved Him to know that I was living as an orphan and had no hope of a future without Him.

I wonder if He was as okay with paying my ransom as I am with paying my children's.

I wonder if, for Him, there was not cost too high, no sacrifice to great.

I wonder...by Chris and Mary Malone

5 comments:

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Wow. I love this.

Terry said...

This made me cry...remind me to post it 10 days before I leave...please, if you can remember :-)

I can say this, no amount of sacrifice is too great when it finally brings them home...

alicia said...

everytime i read it, everytime i love it!

hugs!!!!!

Barb said...

That's a very beautiful post. Thanks for sharing it!

Unknown said...

I love this too and sharing your blog today along with this poem!

Hugs and blessings,
Amy!

We are so excited for you to bring these two precious blessings home!

Love,
Jill