The Boroughs Family

The Boroughs Family

Monday, October 12, 2009

Swinging from the chandelier

I had always heard that saying, but just thought it was a metaphor and not a reference to literal behavior. I have discovered that someone actually and literally had a child that swung from the chandelier and that's how it got said. I know this because I actually now have a child that was caught swinging from the dining room chandelier...more than once in the last week! Any guesses for who it might be? The first time I walked in the room the culprit was already down and laughing as the chandelier swung widly and the table cloth lay on the floor. Hmmm. He couldn't have! He must have thrown a toy or something. Nope! Hubby caught him the next day in full Tarzan swing. Oh my! This little boy gives new meaning to the term "child proofing". Really. We have invested in numerous gates and devices, rearranged and removed things, and he is exceptionally good at figuring ways around them (or over them). Did I mention that we meet with the school next week and he will be starting preschool? This boy needs to be kept busy, and this mama needs to be able to have a cup of coffee without worrying that Tarzan is going to come crashing into the kitchen!

7 comments:

amyl4 said...

Been there!! When Ben was three, I walked into the diningroom to see him swinging on our chandelier which them came down from the ceiling about 4 inches! At the time I was like "OMG, get down from there!" But now, it's one of those memories that make me chuckle. Like I always say "Boys! Gotta Love 'Em!
Amy

Lyndi said...

Ok, I have to admit, I thought you were exaggerating when you e-mailed me the other day, I had no idea you were being literal. Bless your heart..you ARE busy! Hang in there, I know you are good for him!

Beth said...

Wow! You must be vigilantly on your toes! I definitely vote for preschool (my requirement for preschool is: If Mommy needs it, then preschool is absolutely necessary.)

Lyndi--I'm not sure you meant to say "Hang in there", did you? That's pretty funny!

Missy said...

Other than the possibility of the chandelier crashing down from the ceiling, I think it's hilarious!! And I double what Amy says: "Boys! Gotta love 'em!!"

God bless pre-school!!! LOL (He should calm down quite a bit with that. ;op )

Kelly said...

I have one of those kids too! Although, minus the chandelier... thank goodness! He is 3, but routinely my heart stops from things he has gotten himself into....

He sounds so full of Joy! I hope your heart can hold out! :)

Lyndi said...

ROFL, Beth, I totally did not realize I put it like that, heehee. I am NOT that quick with my words!

Terry said...

#2 did it and broke our crystal chandelier...you're not alone