The Boroughs Family

The Boroughs Family

Monday, February 8, 2010

Follow the Leader!

We have been using a double stroller to get everyone into church on Sundays, but it takes up a lot of room in the narrow hallways. Ideally, I would like the kids to learn to walk into church and do a good job listening and doing as they are instructed. I found this the other day online and decided to give it a try. We have been "practicing" today making it a bit of game to hold onto your ring and follow the "leader" (the leader of the pack being mommy). Not sure how it will work in reality with all the distractions of a public setting, but we got some cute pics and had fun....

2 comments:

Missy said...

What a cute idea!! One way I taught my kids to listen in church when they were young was to give them a word and have them make a tally of everytime the pastor said that word, then at the end of the service, they'd tell me how many times that word was said! (We used the words, "God", "Jesus", "I", and "Bible", for example.) I gave my older daughter two or three words as she got bored with listening for only one word at a time. ;o)

Lyndi said...

They use these in the pre-school class at the kid's school. Works great! Hope it works for you too!!