The Boroughs Family

The Boroughs Family

Friday, February 19, 2010

My new hobby

It all started before Christmas, when a friend sent me an email about a deal online for 100 photo Christmas cards FREE. I honestly thought there had to be a catch, till I got my cards-FREE! What a deal! I am always bargain hunting as a mom of 9 kids, but even if we were millionaires I just believe that we should be good stewards with what God has given to us. I have dabbled with couponing, but it always seemed to be a lot of work for very little payback. I mean, my time is valuable! It didn't make sense to sit down and cut out a ton of coupons, which end up expiring or getting lost, and the few I take to the store usually end up not getting used with the store brand being cheaper. BUT, I have discovered that there is a lot of savvy people out there scoring items for FREE. Now that catches my attention! I am still learning the rules of the game, but by following a few websites, much of the investigating work is done for you. I can't tell you how many samples and freebies I have scored this week. Go take a look here and here.I have decided to keep tabs of the money we save this month with coupons, and put that money aside for something "special". I haven't successfully purchased a store item FREE yet, but I'm working on it! Today I saved $13.50 with coupons and a $5 gift card I got in the mail at Walmart...

No comments: