The Boroughs Family

The Boroughs Family

Thursday, May 8, 2014

May flowers?

It's almost mother's day, but I don't want to be celebrated. It's been a tough couple of weeks and I have certainly failed at this motherhood gig too many times to count.

Currently there are 12 bottles of antibiotics in my refrigerator to fight off the strep infection that has hit. Sore throat aside, I am just plain miserable.

No word on official registry of our dossier. While it's unusual for there to be this lengthy of a delay, we are reassured that there are quite a few families in the same predicament. That doesn't help the ache in my heart for my son.

At the same time, we find ourselves immersed in new and difficult waters in our parenting. Learning how to parent an adopted child with autism and a host of other diagnoses, who is presenting significant behavioral issues. I'm not going to share details, but I will say we could use prayers. She had an urgently scheduled appointment with Developmental Pediatrics this week. It was hard to hear some of what the Dr. said and recommended. I cried the 40 minute drive home from the appointment, while my daughter screamed and kicked the whole way home. My heart just hurts at the way she is struggling, at how we are all struggling with her. 

2 comments:

MoonDog said...

much love. I know how hard that is. I have one w/ autism and fas. Some days are just hard. Hang in there. Im Thinking of you

Jodesly said...

Oh, Amy, I will be praying! We are finding autism to be a very steep learning curve with Delia as well. I have a lot of bad mommy days :( Praying too for your dossier to get registered quickly. Isn't it funny to at the same time feel totally overwhelmed with the children you already have and be longing for the next one to come home? Been there <3