The Boroughs Family

The Boroughs Family

Sunday, August 8, 2010

State of Confusion

I am a person that likes routine, the familiar, structure, the predictable, and yet it seems that God has given life a good shake anytime I get too comfortable. Just as I enter that place of contentment with the way things are, they change. I am certainly not an adventure-seeker, but it seems life with the Lord for us has been full of adventure.

So, I am in a weird place right now. We are in a place of waiting, waiting and seeking direction. Waiting for God to open or close doors, to make our path clear. So why is this place now so unsettling? It’s not just one thing, but many things from our family to ministry, to me personally. God is keeping me in limbo at the moment. It is not a familiar place. Why am I not content in this place now? Life is busy, and it certainly isn’t like I am sitting around bored.

I am used to Him calling us, (and although I may need a few nudges to get on board with His plans) jumping into action and going where He leads. This is different and really challenging for me! He has burdened my heart in several ways, but it seems we are stuck and His response to all of it is: WAIT. It has made me question if I heard Him right, did I misunderstand Him? He hasn’t closed doors, but the message is very clearly WAIT. I am trying to just trust Him, to not ask the why. I know that He sees the big picture and that He has a perfect plan already in place, but I still find myself wondering “why must we wait”? I want to go where He calls, I want to obey what He asks, but I am in a bit of a state of confusion at the moment. I know He will lift the fog when the timing is right, so I am praying I learn the lessons He has for me in this season…the season of waiting.

1 comment:

Faith, Hope, and Love said...

w.a.i.t. That's a tough one...isn't it? By nature we all like to dream beyond today and know we are heading in the right direction.

I pray that God gives you peace and confirms in your heart the way. He will. :)

Love and blessings,
Robin


"Wait for the Lord; Be strong, and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord." Psalm 27:14