The Boroughs Family

The Boroughs Family

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

It feels so good to be home, although honestly I am pretty exhausted. I am having difficulty keeping track of the days right now, as Mr. Luke does not feel like getting his sleeping in sync with the US time zone! I am also still recovering from jet lag, as the trip home really took its toll. We traveled for 24 hours, and the best way to describe the experience was horrendously horrible. The kids did NOT do well. They pretty much took turns screaming and having temper tantrums for the duration of both flights, and most of our layover in Frankfurt, Germany. I can't blame them (I felt like having a major meltdown myself), but I know it was a miserable experience for the other passengers and there was absolutely nothing we could do but get through it. I wouldn't get on a plane right now for a million dollars or a trip to a tropical location. We will all be okay. We just need to get everyone on a good sleep schedule, and I need a little therapy for my PTSD!:) I will try to post pictures before the kids are 20...I just need a few hours of uninterrupted sleep.....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!!! I'm so happy for you. Your flights sound a lot like ours when we came home with Katie. I've only recently stopped fearing airplanes and confines spaces with ex-orphans. lol
Praying for all of you as you adjust to your new life together.
Love,
Lisa

alicia said...

Ive been comming often to see some pics or at least an update, but i then remember of how much you and the kids have gone over the past days, and Im just here without much to do, lol, so Im glad that you are all home, safe, and adjusting.
hoping and praying for a quick adjustment, and that mr. gets some sleep

hugs

Christy said...

Glad you made it home! Get some rest.... you have earned it! :)

Kelly said...

I can not imagine the plane ride, esp. for that long of duration with screaming children. That has me a bit worried myself, and we won't travel for a long while yet!

But you are home and that is SO EXCITING! Congratulations!

I can't wait for pictures.

Lyndi said...

Amy, so sorry you had such a hard flight home. Praying things return to "normal" soon for you guys.

Congratulations on being home though! How wonderful to be home with all your children in one place!

You are missed her in UA, keep in touch!

Barb said...

Yea!! You're finally home! I know how the jet lag feels, especially with a child who is struggling with changing their sleep pattern . . . So sorry to hear the flights were so hard - you had someone along to help, right?

ukraine09 said...

Amy,

So glad to hear you are all home and safe. I will pray that the adjustment will get better and everyone will be back to normal soon!

We are leaving tomorrow for Ukraine!!! There have been some changes as to where we might be going, but I am trusting God that everything will work out.

Can't wait to see some pictures of everyone together (when you are feeling up to it of course).

Jaime

The Feasters said...

Glad you are home! I'm so sorry about your flights; how stressful that must have been. I hope you can get some rest.

Lu, Poppies Blooming said...

Welcome Home! Praising God right now! I can't wait to hear more but know we are still praying for you as you adjust to being there!

Congratulations on the NEW family members! :)

Amy said...

Welcome home!! I hope everyone is able to adjust to the time change quickly... that was a tough thing for Micah (Pavel) too.

But at least your whole family is under one roof again! What a great feeling!

orphans4me said...

Amy and Adam,
Congrats on finally all being home together. Your kids are so cute. I'm sorry the travel was so awful but I hope you are feeling at least a little more rested. I am looking forward to pictures sometime in the next 20 years. Smile.
Joy