The Boroughs Family

The Boroughs Family

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Nesting...

As all mamas know, as their "due date" approaches, the "nesting" begins! I am in complete nesting mode. This week we picked up all the wonderful things that God has provided FREE-a toddler bed (which I just put together tonight), 2 toddler car seats, 2 high chairs, a double stroller, a dresser and several child gates. I am also working on stocking the freezer with 3 weeks worth of meals for the kids at home while we are traveling. We have been shopping thrift and used clothing sales for clothes (we are guessing sizes since we won't know for sure till we see the kids in person).

We are praying about getting a larger family vehicle. Our current vehicle will seat everyone, but its going to be tight with 3 car seats, and we have no storage room. I don't think we can even fit the double stroller with everyone in the car. If anyone knows someone who is selling a used 12 passenger van or a dodge sprinter, let us know! We are praying for the Lord to present us with the right vehicle at just the right price, so waiting and praying.

OH, I have to mention...our dossier is still enroute to its destination, and right now it is in Paris, France! Go baby, go!

5 comments:

Lou said...

I just found your blog! Following closely...excited for you! You are SO close!!!

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

Amy!! This is so exciting!! You're in the final stretch and this is the FUN part!! Thank you, God, for all the wonderful blessings you have provided for this family. Amy, I'm praying with you about a familymobile :)

Meredith said...

Yay! Glad you're in the final stretch!

I wanted to add a caution- if you aren't 100% sure of the history of the carseats, it's better to spend the $ and get new ones... If a carseat has been even in a minor fender-bender, it should have been destroyed because it could have damage to the plastic that would not allow it to hold up in a more major accident. However if they're from someone you're sure has shared the history correctly with you -- enjoy them :)

Also, carseats have expiration dates on the back/bottom of them so check to be sure they haven't expired- the plastic breaks down some after a few years and most are good between 5-8 years.

Just a few thoughts :) So glad you got everything! Our 12 passenger (minus the back seats making it seat 8) has been a God-send. Triple stroller, wheelchair AND 8 seatbelts! I hope you find a great deal! If you want to drive to FL I know just where to look... Meredith (RR)

Kristin said...

I've lurked around your blog for quite a while (I watch and pray for all the R's Rainbow families that are open) - especially after you posted about the Tom Davis book and CAFO conference - I'd just read and attended - LOVED both! Wanted to let you know I was praying for you and your family. I also had a question about transportation. We have 4 kids and a Honda Odyssey that we love. We've prayed about adding 2 more but are stuck on the "what would we drive?" What works for you now? Would I need to drive a 12 passenger van (we live in the suburbs) for 6 kids - no one I know has more than 5. :)
Kristin

Amy said...

Thanks for the support and encouragement from everyone! Meredith, I will check the dates on the car seats. Kristin, we have a suburban and it worked great with 6 kids! The problem is that to fit more we had to add another bench seat and lost all the storage:( The options get fewer the bigger the family grows:)Do you have a blog?