The Boroughs Family

The Boroughs Family

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thank you, Anonymous!

Anonymous sounds so impersonal, especially because the family I am going to share about is not unknown to us, and in fact we know them well and love them dearly! However, I'm going to share some personal things and I thought out of respect for them I would not reveal their identity. If they are okay with me "outing" them, then I will be happy to do so in another post. Okay, so why the thank you?
Last week, Mr. A found out that he was no longer employed. This was a surprising blow because Mr. A has been a loyal and dedicated employee for many years, and has won awards and recognition for being a top performer at his job. We know the Lord has a plan in all this, but it is sometimes hard to see that in the midst of a storm. It is devastating and very stressful, especially when you have 5 young kids under your roof. A couple days after this occurred, Mrs. A calls to tell me that she and Mr. A were talking and he had an idea. Since he is currently unemployed, he is able to be at home with their 5 children so that Mrs. A can come stay with our kids for part of the time we are traveling for our adoption. WHAT?! I am amazed and humbled that this family is facing a crisis and yet they are inspired to think of how they can help US. I was brought to tears at this offer, and thrilled because my kids love Mrs.A and she loves them! Today Mrs. A calls me again. Mr.A had an account at his employer for charitable contributions. They weren't even sure there was anything in it, but when they checked there was a sizable sum. They have donated all of this money to our adoption fund! I could only respond by crying like a baby on the phone. Wow! Thank you just isn't adequate. Please pray God's blessings rain down on this amazing family and that they are blessed many times over for their generosity and love. We love you, "Anonymous Family"!!

9 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. What a beautiful and amazing story. God truly is good.

~ Lisa @ AbidingThere~ said...

They are a beautiful illustration of 'seek first his kingdom and righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you.' They are not worried because they truly believe that their God is their provision. I am so happy for them, that they can walk in such faith! I think it's so exciting to know that God has a new perfect plan for Mr A and his family. Please keep us posted on their journey as they walk in peace with God!!

ukraine09 said...

Wow Amy!!!!

What a blessing. I will pray for your friends family that the receive many, many blessings in return for what they are doing. It is amazing how God works.

I just read your post from yesterday and wanted to say congrats on sending out the PA documents. I hope ALL of the NJ documents will be to you soon so that they can be sent out as well. I did get ahold of someone at USCIS yesterday afternoon and she told me my application was still pending (what a surprise) but that once we had our addendum to our homestudy if I FedEx'd it to her attention overnight that she could see what she could do about getting it on someone's desk ASAP. So, we'll see. I am still waiting for my social worker to call me back (the agency did contact her to call me) to see about having the addendum done. Hopefully she can do it quickly. We have found out some additional info on the little girl I mentioned to you and it doesn't look good. I am waiting on more info and will email you privately about that once we have it, but there is also something else we might have going on.

Anyway, sorry for the long, long post - I just really wanted to say how happy I am for your family.

Jaime

The Feasters said...

OK, now I'm crying!! God bless Mr. and Mrs. "A".

Terry said...

This brought tears to my eyes. I'm praying for mr and mrs A... we understand what it is like to loose employment in the midst of uncertainty... Praying for God's blessing to rain down on thier faithfullness to Him...

Shelley said...

What a wonderful blessing for your family! Praying for this family too...that they will receive blessings 10 fold for their generosity.

Gwen said...

This is AWESOME!! Only God can do a work in people like this! Praising Him for giving this special family to help you through this adoption!

alicia said...

What a BIG blessing!!!

Robin said...

Wow- I am in tears! I love you!